Celebrating 80 Years of The Oris Pointer Date
1938 The Year of the First Oris Pointer Date
Ahh. the good old days. 1938 saw the beginning of WW2 and a recession. Well maybe not that great, but the race horse Sea Biscuit did win. In the world of watches, Oris launched the Pointer Date. This November Oris surprised everyone with the launch of a bronze edition of the Pointer Date, celebrating 80 years of heritage.
A New Addition
While Oris is now no stranger to bronze watches, this is the first time that they have made a non-limited edition watch in bronze. With something as significant as an 80 year anniversary, you would think the watch would be a limited edition, but Oris seems to have like this design so much that they are keeping it in the regular watch catalog. It is a unique looking watch that harks back a nostalgic vibe with a creative bronze design.
The Oris Pointer Date
A pointer date watch is just what it sounds like, there is a pointer hand that points to the date, which are numbered around the edge of the dial. The pointer hand actually has more of a crescent moon shape at the edge of the hand. This give the watch a more symmetrical look for those who don't want to have a date window breaking the design flow.
The Oris Big Crown Pointer Date Details
The case of the Oris Pointer 80th anniversary is made of bronze, the case-back is made of stainless steel with a sapphire crystal display window. The window showcases the movement and the red rotor. The watch is larger than most of the Oris Pointer Dates. The watch is a 40mm case compared to the regular 36mm pointer case. This is great news because it takes the vintage look of the watch and makes it in a modern size. Get your Oris Pointer Date.
Case: Oris Big Crown, 40.00 Mm, 1.575 Inches, Bronze
- Material: Multi-Piece Bronze Case, Stainless Steel Case Back
- Size: 40.00 Mm, 1.575 Inches
- Top Glass: Sapphire, Domed On Both Sides, Anti-Reflective Coating Inside
- Case Back: Stainless Steel, Screwed, See-Through Mineral Glass
- Operating Devices: Bronze Screw-In Security Crown
- Water Resistance: 5 Bar
- Interhorn Width: 20 Mm
Movement: Automatic Winding Pointer Date Developed By Oris
- Number: Oris 754, Base Sw 200-1
- Dimensions: ø 25.60 Mm, 11 1/2’’’
- Functions: Centre Hands For Hours, Minutes And Seconds, Date Centre Hand, Instantaneous Date, Date Corrector, Fine Timing Device And Stop-Second
- Winding: Automatic Winding, Bi-Directionally Rotating Red Rotor
- Power-Reserve: 38 Hrs
- Vibrations: 28’800 A/H, 4 Hz
- Jewels: 26
- Material: Green Dial
- Luminous Material: Indices, Numbers And Hands With Superluminova C1/C3
- Material: Dark Brown Leather Strap, Bronze Buckle
- Extras: Sustainably sourced and produced strap materials