The Oris Whale Shark Limited Edition is based on the Oris Aquis GMT diver’s watch and is limited to 2,016 pieces to mark the year of the IUCN’s landmark whale shark announcement.
Change for the Better
Oris’s mission to bring Change for the Better turns to the Earth’s delicate ecosystem and to a watch that highlights the threat to the largest fish in the ocean, the magnificent whale shark. The whale shark can grow to be as long as a bus while feeding only on small fish. But this fascinating creature’s future is in grave danger. In 2016, the IUCN made the stark announcement that the global population of whale sharks had halved over the previous 75 years.
- Case: 43.5mm multi-piece stainless steel
- Bezel: Ceramic, bi-directional rotating blue and black (day/night) with GMT scale
- Dial: Special engraved pattern inspired by whale shark skin with SuperLuminova on hands & hour markers
- Sapphire Crystal front, engraved stainless steel caseback
- Movement: Oris 798 Automatic with date & quick-set 24-hour indicator
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Water Resistance: 300 meters
- Strap: Stainless steel bracelet
- Limited to 2016 pieces
Oris is an independent Swiss watch company that only makes mechanical or automatic watches. While other companies might make quartz or solar powered watches. Oris has been around for a long time, they formed in 1904. Oris is a favorite among collectors because of their dedication to quality and value.
DePaulas was established in 1984 and is located in the Florida Keys. We are an authorized Oris Dealer, so the watch comes with the factory warranty. Our watches are brand new and ready to ship the same day or next business day. We show and inform you about the watch through our unboxing videos on YouTube. Our Oris watches come with Free 2-Day Shipping in the United States.